Sunday, July 24, 2011

Why Globe Gcash is one of the preferred payment options of online sellers?

Easy to use, convenient and can be used to buy numerous products and services – these features make Globe Gcash as one of the preferred payment options in the ever growing Philippine e-commerce industry. A mobile phone with a Globe or TM SIM card is all you need to get access to Globe’s electronic wallet system. Learn how to register for Globe Gcash here.

I’ve seen many (and transacted with some) online sellers in Multiply, Sulit and Ebay Philippines who uses this type of payment option. As an online seller, this is my most preferred payment option. I instantly receive an SMS notifying me of the payment the client has made. The SMS shows the exact amount the client has sent me, name and number of the Gcash sender and the total balance of my e-wallet. This eliminates the need to open my laptop and check my bank account balance online or go to the nearest ATM to check if the cash deposit has been made by the client.

My Gcah Card arrived almost three weeks after I submitted my application.

The Gcash Card
Another good thing about Globe Gcash is that they issue an ATM card that you can use to withdraw cash from any ATM in the Philippines such as Megalink, Bancnet, Expressnet and Encash. Gcash partner outlets consider the Gacsh Card as a valid ID, thus, it can be used in cash in or cash out transactions.

Every withdrawal will be charged P20. I think this is an acceptable fee considering the benefits you get from having this card. Also, I seldom withdraw from Gcash; I use the money to pay for online purchases, bills, movie tickets, etc. So the P20 withdrawal charge is nothing to fuss about and FYI Gcash partner outlets (except the Globe Business Centers) charges P10 cash out fee for every P1,000 or 1% of the total amount.

As more consumers get accustomed to e-commerce, Globe continues expanding its list of merchant partners that accept Gcash payment. Some of these are:
  • SM Cinema (I bought IMAX tickets for Transformers Dark of the Moon using Gcash)
  • Manila Water (I paid for our bill a couple of times using Gash)
  • Globe Postpaid Plans
  • Destiny Cable
  • Sky Cable
  • Maynilad
  • Meralco
  • Insurance companies such as Ayala Life, Cocolike, Philamlife and more

How to get a Gcash Card
You can submit an online application here.  Globe charges P100 for every application so make sure that you have enough Gcash in your e-wallet before proceeding with the application.

You can customize your card’s design by uploading your own background or choosing among the designs provided in their website. After deciding on the design, you need to fill out the online form and upload a scanned 1x1 ID picture which will be printed at the back of your Gcash Card.

Transaction fees and some tips
I have withdrawn money in BDO and BPI ATMs. As expected, a P20 withdrawal fee was charged to my account (if you withdraw P1,000, the total deduction is P1,020). I suggest withdrawing your money once a month, or better yet, only when you really need cash. Use it to pay for bills, online shopping, etc.

Check your Gcash balance using your mobile phone because balance inquiry via ATM is charged at P3 per inquiry. 

You will receive an SMS for every transaction using your Gcash Card. Make it a habit to review the SMS notifications you receive so you’ll not miss out on any deduction or possible misuse of your Gcash.

Are you a Gcash Card or Smart Money Card holder?
Which one do you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...