Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Back to jumping rope

If you think that jumping ropes are just for kids, try skipping for five minutes and you’ll be amazed that it’s not that easy. I just finished doing a 10-minute jump rope cardio workout (see video below) and until now I’m still trying to catch my breath.

I got inspired to try jumping rope workouts when I read on a forum where people affirms that it can tone the arms and legs, and make the tummy smaller. A few months ago, I bought a jumping rope from Toby’s at P145. I started to jumped rope for 15 minutes every other day for one week. After the first day, my calves and thighs were aching so badly. So, I stopped and got too lazy to continue.


The soreness I felt was due to DOMS or delayed onset muscle soreness. For jumping rope newbies like me, don’t fret when you experience this one to three days after your workout. The pain and stiffness means that your muscles are rebuilding. This is why you need to do your jumping rope workouts in an interval to give your muscles time to rest and rebuild.

I was motivated to get my jumping rope out of the closet and start jumping again because I feel like I’m living a very inactive lifestyle (that’s what you get from working from home). I  will make jumping rope as one of my exercise routine, and hopefully Pilates, too!



* photo from gettyimages.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...