Thursday, December 2, 2010

Connecting to Yahoo!, GoogleTalk, Skype, Twitter and Facebook simultaneously with Trillian Astra 5.0

Seems impossible, right? But it is POSSIBLE.

People who are close to me might be wondering how in the world I am able to go online with not just two, but seven email accounts all at the same time. I have one each for my online stores and personal accounts, some of which are working since I was in high school.

So, here goes the story of how I manage one Skype, one Twitter, two Google, five Yahoo! email accounts and three social networking accounts.

I was introduced to Trillian, an instant messaging (IM) software developed by Cerulean Studios, a couple of years ago by my brother. Back then, we only had one personal computer at home that is shared with my four siblings. Imagine each one of us waiting in line for their turn to get online. If my memory serves me right, the version we used to connect to our different IM accounts was Trillian Basic 3.0.

Click photo to view a larger image.

With its latest (beta) version released on August 2010, Trillian Astra 5.0 has truly become the “ultimate instant messenger” and so much more.

Interoperability is the magical way of connecting to all your IM and social networking accounts simultaneously. You can do this because Trillian Astra supports the following accounts:
  • Google
  • Yahoo!
  • Skype
  • Windows Live
  • AIM
  • ICQ
  • MySpace
  • Jabber
  • Facebook
  • Twitter 
  • Foursquare
  • POP3 Email
  • IMAP
  • IRC
  • Bonjour
You can select different status for your accounts, customize your Trillian and review previous IMs. Also, organizing your contacts is a trouble-free experience with Trillian because each one of them has an icon beside their name indicating their IM client. 

My favorite thing about Trillian Astra is I get notified when I receive new emails. It even shows the sender and subject of the message when I hover the mouse to the email icon.
 

Trillian Astra enables you to broadcast your webcam, transfer and receive files, store feeds, view likes and read/write comments in Facebook, etc. 

The list goes on.

The second best thing I love about it is that I do not need to open a web browser to view my Facebook and Twitter accounts. Thanks to the newly integrated social network interface window, I am less likely (or more likely, I’m not sure yet. hehehe) to get distracted from my work.

Trillian Astra 5.0 is available for Windows. You can download it for free at http://www.trillian.im/learn/tour-trillian5.html

Other versions are available for Mac, iPhone, Android and Blackberry.

* photo from trillian.im

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...